Yay my first unboxing of Susie Bray's amazing Travelers Notebook planner inserts which come in an array of weekly, monthly, blank, dot and grid layouts from the amazing Queen Mabel & Doris on Facebook and soon on Etsy.
Visit the fb group and message Susie to order. Use code KERRY10 for 10% off.
If viewing from email or an rss feed please click here to watch the video.
Psst... what do you think of my snazzy scissors too? I love them, a complete Ebay bargain!
As you probably have guessed, I'm a bit of a notebook and paper lover as well as my general crafts and planner obsession, so was pleased to hear that today is National Notebook Day - yay, long live paper! I'm not sure if this is a UK day or a US day to be honest, if anyone can enlighten me please do leave me a comment.
You can check out my 10 Best Notebook Posts below (yes there are that many notebook related posts on my blog!)
I am also pleased to announce that I am officially a member of the lovely Susie Bray's PR Team for her fantastic range of notebooks and Traveler's Notebook diary, blank, dot and grid and tn inserts over at Queen Mabel & Doris.
Her shop will officially open for orders on Wednesday 24th May - so be sure to head over to her Facebook group for more information on how to order. You can use the PR code KERRY10 for 10% off your orders. Make sure you check it out, they are fantastic quality and can be totally customized.
Thanks for reading and Happy Notebooking!
Join in the craft tag with Zook Paper Co and Kerrymay._.Makes
The following is a craft tag FAQ style collaboration video that Zulma from Zook Paper Co had the idea for. We came up with 5 craft/planner/art questions and answered them, then we tag challenge you to answer the same questions. I hope that you enjoy the video and hope that you all have a go at joining in. You can answer as a reply to the channel video, here on the blog, on Facebook or Instagram, your own blog or you can film your own video over on You Tube (be sure to tag us both in your video if you do). If you are reading this from an email or blog reader please click the title of the blog post to see the video in full xx
If you take part please give us a link and let us know your link too so we can see your answers, we'd love to hear from you and hope you Give Us 5!
Link to Kerrymay._.Makes - www.youtube.com/channel/UCANXb1_Wc597C9XSQz-wR8g Link to Zook Paper Co - www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBYSfN8rakRmfIcg536xhA
Join me on a video tour of my craft and art room including my work area, desk, storage, a rummage through my drawers (ooer!) and a look at my craft stash and equipment. I filmed the craft room tour last week for You Tube and forgot to add it to my blog, so here it is. (If viewing from email or a reader you will need to click on the blog post title to view the video).
Remember to subscribe to the channel to keep up to date of new videos. Thanks for watching,
You can see my Christmas home tour here
I do love my little crafting room. I am currently making plans to relocate the dolls house upstairs, so I can add a small desk with storage where that is housed, yay for more storage space. I also need to organise my stamps a little better as currently they are just thrown into the storage baskets. I am thinking cd or dvd cases might be the way to go.
I also forgot to say in the video that the lamp was from Studio (formerly Studio 24).
What do you use as your craft space? Let me know in the comments.
Pens, pens and more pens, fountain, gel, paint pens, chalk pens; a girl can never have too many. I will take you through some of my favourites to use in planners, planning and journaling as part of the Planner Girls Collective. This post uses affiliate links, but they are all for products I use and love myself.
Stationery Island Chalk Board Pens and Brush Pens
I love Stationery Island pens, they are such good value and are great quality. The chalk pens are perfect for lettering in art journaling and they go over paint easily. The brush pens are watercolour compatible and blend so easily. You can see me using them here.
White Gel/Paint Pens
Good paint pens are a good investment for art journaling and general journaling, Posca Uniball pens are a must and again these can go over paint. I also couldn't live without my PentelHybrid uniball gel pen in white and gold for extra detailing, they write so smoothly.
If you are looking for gift inspiration for a planner/journal lover then have a look here for ten simple stationery based gift ideas. Check out the other lovely planner ladies blogs as part of the Planner Girls Collective.
Mothers Day is fast approaching, so why not make a lovely D.I.Y Pocket Letter as a personalised gift or card alternative? I made my first one last week and I love the finished result, such an easy paper craft and quick to make too.
I have been planning on making a pocket letter for quite some time now after seeing a tutorial last year by Mrs Brimbles. I have been sitting on the pockets themselves for well over 6 months and finally got around to making one after taking part in a weekend of challenges lead by Michelle Mills and Louise Maylan as part of their Stampin' Up workshop/monthly kit. More information on the workshops can be found on my Scrapbook post.
What to buy a stationery lover? Paper, notebooks, pens, washi tape??? OMG, it is so easy to buy for a lover of all things paper, I literally think I am the easiest person to buy for and with so many shops now stocking amazing stationery it is easier then ever, the hardest part is narrowing it down.
1. Pens, pens and more pens - need I say more? - Ok then, writing pens, gel pens, fine liners, chalk pens, fountain pens and ink, Posca Uniball paint pens, white uniball signo pens (both for writing on paint/art journaling)
2. Paper - any type of paper, or a mix of papers, watercolour if they like art, mixed media paper, vellum, tissue paper, scrapbooking papers, notebooks - lined or plain, traveler's notebooks, moleskine cahier notebooks... the list is endless.
3. Pencil cases and pouches. Websters do a great pouch, but I have a cheap AliExpress one and I love it, it holds so much.
4. PLANNERS - of course. I love my Uglydori Travelers Notebook style planner from Michelle and Trevor at Ugly Big Plans. Other lush planners include Kikki K, Carpe Diem and Websters Pages (all available in the UK).
5. Stickers, woo hoo I love planner stickers, check out my Favourite Stationery Shops here.
6. Ephemera and Journaling Cards. Ephemera is cut up pieces of strong paper in pretty patterns or die cuts to use in your journaling/scrapbooks and planners. My faves are from Mrs Brimbles and Little Rainbow Moon (also tagged in the above link). I love the Project Life style journaling cards, make your own here - Paint Your Own Watercolour Journaling Cards.
7. Stamps, ink sprays and pads - you may also want an acrylic block to hold the cling stamps. I get mine very cheaply again from AliExpress online, which is great if you don't mind waiting up to four weeks for delivery.
8. Acrylic paint, watercolour paint (I love my watercolour Wheel from the Tate Gallery) and watercolour brushes. The 3 pack of Pentel Aquash waterbrushes are brilliant.
9. Washi Tape... OMG I am obsessed with washi tape and it can be used for any projects. Again buy cheaply from AliExpress or any of the shops in my Favourite Stationery Shops link.
10. Sub boxes. There are so many sub boxes now, for almost anything. My faves for the stationery lover are The Brimbles Box and Little Rainbow Moon Mystery kits.
So, no excuses, when buying for a stationery lovers birthday, Christmas, Mothers Day or any other gift buying event approaches, you know just what to get... you could even get them all 10 (wink).
Thanks for reading,
On Wednesday a few of the lovely UKPA (UK Planner Addicts) planner girls organised a small meet up in Mansfield (UK) to eat cake and talk planners. This has become a regular meet up for us East Midland girls. We meet up most school holidays to catch up, show off our planners and share swaps and goodies. I love how friendly the planner community is in the UK and have met a lot of new friends in the short time that I have been a part of it. I'm just still disappointed no one would have an afternoon tea with me - I am a greedy guts! Hahaha (only joking girls).
We always meet up in the delightful Little Sugar Shack and then head out into town for a little 'boutique' shopping (ahem...charity shops), then usually head in to Mansfield for a scout around The Works, Poundland and Primark. Check out my video below for my first ever haul video, where I will share the goodies I purchased and the freebies shared.
Next on my list is the fabulous Pamper and Plan event, which is now sold out. This is run/organised by Michelle from Ugly Bug Plans, Kelly from Hazy Days UK and Leanne from The Geeky Planner. I can't wait to meet new people and enjoy my first big planner event... not to mention the crafts, planning, relaxation and spa! It looks like it is going to be a great event and I have already planned it all out in my planner of course.
So, have you been to any planner meet up's? Have you got any planned in the pipeline? - Leave a comment below ._. xxxx
Hi I'm Kerry a UK drama teacher and a planner, art & creative journal fanatic. Make a cuppa and browse my tutorials, musings, and crafty makes.