What to buy a stationery lover? Paper, notebooks, pens, washi tape??? OMG, it is so easy to buy for a lover of all things paper, I literally think I am the easiest person to buy for and with so many shops now stocking amazing stationery it is easier then ever, the hardest part is narrowing it down.
1. Pens, pens and more pens - need I say more? - Ok then, writing pens, gel pens, fine liners, chalk pens, fountain pens and ink, Posca Uniball paint pens, white uniball signo pens (both for writing on paint/art journaling)
2. Paper - any type of paper, or a mix of papers, watercolour if they like art, mixed media paper, vellum, tissue paper, scrapbooking papers, notebooks - lined or plain, traveler's notebooks, moleskine cahier notebooks... the list is endless.
3. Pencil cases and pouches. Websters do a great pouch, but I have a cheap AliExpress one and I love it, it holds so much.
4. PLANNERS - of course. I love my Uglydori Travelers Notebook style planner from Michelle and Trevor at Ugly Big Plans. Other lush planners include Kikki K, Carpe Diem and Websters Pages (all available in the UK).
5. Stickers, woo hoo I love planner stickers, check out my favourite shops here.
6. Ephemera and Journaling Cards. Ephemera is cut up pieces of strong paper in pretty patterns or die cuts to use in your journaling/scrapbooks and planners. My faves are from Mrs Brimbles and Little Rainbow Moon (also tagged in the above link). I love the Project Life style journaling cards, make your own with watercolour here.
7. Stamps, ink sprays and pads - you may also want an acrylic block to hold the cling stamps. I get mine very cheaply again from AliExpress online, which is great if you don't mind waiting up to four weeks for delivery.
8. Acrylic paint, watercolour paint (I love my watercolour Wheel from the Tate Gallery) and watercolour brushes. The 3 pack of Pentel Aquash waterbrushes are brilliant.
9. Washi Tape... OMG I am obsessed with washi tape and it can be used for any projects. Again buy cheaply from AliExpress or any of the shops in my Fave Stationery Shops link.
10. Sub boxes. There are so many sub boxes now, for almost anything. My faves for the stationery lover are The Brimbles Box and Little Rainbow Moon Mystery kits.
So, no excuses, when buying for a stationery lovers birthday, Christmas, Mothers Day or any other gift buying event approaches, you know just what to get... you could even get them all 10 (wink).
Thanks for reading,
Hi I'm Kerry a UK drama teacher and planner, art, craft, smash book and journal fanatic. Make a cuppa and have look around my collection of random musings, tutorials and crafty makes.